Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Greg's June 2013 Newsletter

Greetings from the chill of the Chilean winter! Things have definitely gotten pretty chilly in Chile but I will be back in the warmth of the Southern California summer soon and look forward to seeing as many of you as I can this summer. Please read below for more details and I’ll hope to see you soon!

FIRST: I will be home in California from July 18th – Mid-September! As I do each summer, I will be coming back to California and would love to meet and share with as many of you as would like to. I will be hosting one large sharing event where I will share about all things ‘Fuego Urbano’ on Sunday August 25th so if you would like to come you are more then welcome to do so. The event will be on Sunday August 25th in the sanctuary at Christ Presbyterian Church (CPC) in Huntington Beach, at 1pm just after the 3rd service. I will also be preaching at all 3 of CPC’s morning services (8am, 9:30am, 11am) that Sunday so if you would like to come early to one of those and hear me preach you are more then welcome to do that as well. CPC is located at: 20112 Magnolia St., Huntington Beach, CA 92646. Beyond that I do not have any special events planned but will be around and hope to meet in person with as many of you as would like to. Also, if you know of any small-groups, churches, youth-groups, ministries, etc that you would like me to share with, I’d love to do that as well. Just email me ( greg@fuegourbano.org ) and we can set something up.

SECOND: After 2.5 years without having anyone to lead our worship and music ministry, we finally have someone who is talented, gifted, called, and passionate! I can not tell you how grateful, excited, and relieved I am that Manuel and his wife Leticia have started coming to Fuego Urbano and taken over that ministry. Manuel and Pepe worked at the same school a few years ago, and when I first came down we spoke quite a bit with him and his wife about worship & music, and Fuego Urbano. Manuel and I had spent a few hours on a number of occasions playing worship songs with guitars and talking about music, worship, etc. and we offered him that whole ministry about 2.5 years ago when we were first starting out. Manuel and his wife are solid believers and Manuel has a really huge heart and love for people, not to mention we both share very similar tastes in music and worship as far as what we like and don’t like. Anyway, at that time they were not able to be part of Fuego Urbano because we started meeting in Las Compañías which was just too far away for them to be able to participate. At that time I was super bummed because I knew Manuel and his wife would be perfect for our vision and the kind of music and worship we would like to have. Then when we were meeting in the hotel in front of the beach last summer, they wanted to come but could not because they have two small children and at that time we did not have any developed children’s ministry, so again they could not come. Now, however, we have a solid children’s ministry and a few of the women who have taken charge in sharing the responsibility for it, so Manuel and his wife came for the first time in 2.5 years to Fuego Urbano and loved it. It has been so hard to start a church with basically no worship or music ministry, and I at times have filled in on the Sundays I do not preach, but I do not have a passion, calling, or real gift for that kind of thing. Anyway, Manuel has led worship for us on the past 3 Sundays and it has added so much to our gatherings…I was not aware of how bad we missed it until now when we finally have it again. Anyway, we are super excited and relieved to have Manuel and his wife Leticia with us and ask that you would pray for them and that God would bless them in their roles as they lead that ministry. Below is a picture of (from left to right) Manuel,  Felipe, Genesis, Genesis’ cousin, and myself from the very first gathering of Fuego Urbano we ever had about 2.5 years ago in our house, which was before we ever even started up in Las Compañías. As you can see, Manuel and his wife (not pictured here) were among the first 5 people who ever came to Fuego Urbano, and if anyone really gets what we are all about and understands our vision, it is them. We are super excited to have them back…and this time for good!! 


FINALLY: As always there are 3 ways you may give financially to Fuego Urbano. For Automatic Monthly Online Donations you may sign up for amounts of $25, $50, $100, or $200 per month. Just go to the right side of my Blog (http://greghaugh.blogspot.com) where it says ‘Recurring Donation’ and adjust drop-down menu to the amount you’d like to give each month; then click ‘Subscribe’ and it will take you through the process. One-Time Online Donations are available as well: click the ‘Donate’ button on my Blog just below where it says ‘1-Time Donation’ and it will take you through the process. Or if you prefer Personal Checks you can make them out to ‘Fishers of Men Fellowship’ and mail them to: Fishers of Men Fellowship, PO Box 9284, Newport Beach, CA 92658.  And all donations are fully tax-deductible.

Thanks so much for all your prayers and support!
Greg Haugh & Jose, Gislaine, Gabriel, and Gean-Felipe Eyzaguirre


No comments:

Post a Comment